Monday, September 1, 2008

Labor Day as a Family

It was so nice to sleep in this morning! I think we all rolled out of bed long about 10:30 - which must be some sort of record. The weather turned a bit cold today with a fall storm moving through the area so normal Labor Day activities like going to the river or having a BBQ were out.

We decided have the girls do an outdoor photo shoot in one of the more beautiful areas around. We found some great locations and were able to get some pretty cute pictures of them.



I guess today was the first time I really realized that Haley is no longer a little girl, but has grown into a beautiful young lady. She is quite photogenic and loves to pose for the camera.




Reagan is still my baby and still looks like a little girl, which I hope to keep that way for awhile longer. I am not ready quite yet to have 2 young women.



It was so nice to spend some family time together with Dave around. Tomorrow will be back to work as usual though. The weather is supposed to warm up a bit so we have not officially entered fall... although I can't wait! Fall is by far my most favorite season and there is a distinct feeling and smell in the air when it arrives. I will most certainly post a blog when I feel like it has officially arrived, and will list all of the reasons why I love it!

7 comments:

LaRae said...

The pictures are great! Both the girls look beautiful. Sounds like a fun day. Our weather turned a bit cooler too - only in the 90's today and down right cool & breezy this morning!

Perry Family said...

Beautiful! You are so right, Haley is super photogenic, she's a beauty. And Reagan is so sweet. Glad you had a great day!

Jules said...

this is rach:
Reagan totally has the blue steel look going with haley.

Brackett Clan said...

Way cute pics. I don't know where the time has gone. These dang kids of ours won't stop growing up.
Glad you guys were able to spend a little time together. Speaking of time. When will we get to see you guys again?

Perry Family said...

Steph, you have got to teach me how you got three columns on your blog, I am going crazy trying to figure it out! How did you do that?

Perry Family said...

That's so funny you mentioned how we are all sick when ever we get together...glad its before hand! Mark and I were actually talking about that this morning! Poor Mark, he was up all night last night...liquid from both ends....except his was WAY worse of a bug than mine! We are disinfecting everything as we speak! You are lucky you have those awesome farms so close to get all those yummy fruits and vegis and HELLO...the famous ID potato!!! LUCKY!

Linda said...

Your girls are so beautiful. You take great photos! Sounds like a fun and relaxing holiday...