Thursday, September 18, 2008

Fall is, by far, my favorite season..

Fall is by far my favorite time of year. The smell when I step outside, the coolness of the air, the changing leaves - I just can't put my finger on what exactly makes me love it so much, but I do. Each year, there seems to be 1 particular day for me that signals the onset of fall, and today is that day. I can't tell you exactly what brought about the change today, but to me, today is fall.

Fall not only brings changes in my surroundings, but I change too. The meals I cook change, the things I do around the house change, the way I feel changes. Funny how such a small change in your surroundings can change the way you feel about so many things.

So here are a few things that I absolutely LOVE about fall:
  • Burning my Pumpkin Pie Gold Canyon Candle
  • red, gold, and brown leaves
  • cool morning and evening air so I can open windows and air out the house
  • making "harvest type" deserts (pumpkin, apples)
  • digging up fresh Idaho potatoes
  • Halloween (and the Decor that goes with it)
  • driving in the country with the windows down
  • Wearing cute sweaters
  • Having my husband home for dinner
  • Making casseroles
  • Breaking out my extensive boot collection
  • All my network shows are back on TV
  • Cream Soups and Chili
  • fresh Utah peaches



So now that fall "has arrived" for me, I will have to be careful and not put on 10 pounds with all of the deserts, casseroles, and cream soups!

5 comments:

Perry Family said...

I'm so there with you! We made some chili last night with Niki and Andrew! It was fun, but it's still warm down here. Keep wishing for the 80's instead of the 90's!

whirlygig said...

Come to San Jose. It's in the low 70's here today and it will be the next couple of days too and it's downright chili after the sun sets. It feels like fall here too. When I used to go back to school in southern California, it was about this time of year, actually a week or so earlier, and the air smelled different and it cooled off somewhat so there was a distinct change. I noticed that same "feeling" last night when I was outside.

whirlygig said...

Maybe it's the shorter days.

LaRae said...

bring me some of those fresh Idaho potatoes & Utah peaches :) - we need some fall around here!

Linda said...

Fall is my favorite too. I can't wait till we get below the 90's again. Ah, don't you miss Las Vegas?