Thursday, August 28, 2008

Thank Goodness School Started

Well last week I had my hardest week yet in my Real Estate Career. I have 3 deals going on all at once, and all 3 of them had major issues. 2 are now done and closed, but I have 1 more that is still a bit tricky, but I hope to have it closed by the end of next week. Thank goodness school started last week so at least I had 1 less thing to worry about.

Reagan absolutely LOVED her first day. She was so happy to start 7th grade (middle school here). She has loved everyday since then too, and has even done her homework without being asked - 2 days in a row!

Haley does not get as excited about school, but was thrilled to have her cousins Seth and Rachael go with her. She can drive this year and since the Volvo has some how seemed to miraculously heal itself (isn't that always the case when you buy a new car the old one is suddenly better), I feel pretty comfortable with her driving her and her cousins to school. They also have open campus so she has been able to leave for lunch too.

My sister finally closed on her house after much fighting with underwriters (man they are buggers these days) and is currently on her way back to Oregon to pick up the rest of their stuff. Her school age kids are here with me until she gets back on Saturday night.

All in all it was quite an eventful summer, but I am so happy that is has come to an end and I can finally get some work done without feeling like I am neglecting my kids. What made it worse was that Dave worked an average of 90 hours a week for the entire summer (starting in mid-may) so I was basically doing it all myself. I know he is glad that work is winding down and I know I certainly am (although I will miss the big fat paychecks) - but it will be great to have him around again!

1 comment:

Perry Family said...

It must be so wonderful to have Julie so close now! You guys are such great friends!! And horray for school starting! Seems like things are working out so well for you, you are such a hard worker!! We are getting excited to see everyone in a few weeks, can't wait :=)