Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Dyson's Are NOT GOOD VACUUMS!

So the place we currently live has the "Idaho standard" carpet - that is what I call it since I had never seen it til I moved here. It is just a speckled shag carpet. I thought it was crap carpet. I vacuum 3 to 4 times a week and it still always looked like crap. It got all matted down in the high traffic areas and basically just looked like poo.

So I have a $450 Dyson vacuum that is supposed to be the best vacuum out there. It seems to pick up dirt cause every time I vacuum I have to empty the canister - mostly just fuzz and stuff, but there is some dirt. Dave kept saying it was a crappy vacuum and totally not living up to its name.




So Last night I went to Walmart and bought myself a $139 Eureka vacuum. Right on the front of the box it said "Cleans 60% Better Than Dyson". So I grabbed it and went home. Dave put it together for me and I started vacuuming.

Let me tell you - my carpet is not crappy! It was the vacuum! Just the upstairs yielded an entire bag full of dirt. And it was like the really fine sand type - you could hear it as I was vacuuming. I could not believe how GROSS that was. Me being somewhat of a neat freak - ugh, I thought I would die knowing that all that dirt was in my carpet! And I just had them shampooed 2 months ago, so that is only 2 months worth of dirt!

Now my carpet actually shows footprints after you vacuum and then walk on it. My Dyson is going in the TRASH! Even if this new vacuum only lasts 3 or 4 years, then for the same price as my Dyson, I can by a new vacuum every 4 years and it will be 16 years before I spend the same money!

7 comments:

Perry Family said...

AH man!!! I have a Dyson and I love it!!! Maybe its time to invest in a new one, just to see the difference!

whirlygig said...

Put your Dyson on e-bay and get enough money to pay for your new Eureka--maybe even 2 Eureka's.

whirlygig said...

Which vacuum cleaner do you think sucks the most? ;-)

Jill Iroz said...

good to know Steph. Hey! I heard you're not hanging out with us in at Kimmy's in November. What's up with that? Your girls are so beautious and grown up!

Brackett Clan said...

Good to know. I need a new vacuum! Hoper you guys are doing good.

LaRae said...

Good to know. I'll be looking for that Eureka the next time in the market for a new vacuum cleaner. Glad your floors are not longer filled with dirt & dust & guck - Yuck!

Michele and Todd said...

I loved this post, because how many times do you get all the hype on a product and it is really expensive and something for so much less money does either a equal job or better.
I guess you just have to decide how much you want to spend and how often. p.s. I have a light weight Oreck and got it used. It is definately the best vacumn I have ever had. Oh and by the way looved finding your blog.