Monday, July 21, 2008

So I Turned 38 Last Week.....


Well, another birthday has gone by - the big 38. As I get closer to 40, I keep thinking I should have everything figured out.... Isn't that what you thought when you were 20 - that by the time you were 40 you would pretty much skate through the rest of your life??? Oh well, live and learn. I guess it is all a journey, and when I am 80 I will probably still be figuring stuff out. I do try to stay young though - and my husband knows just how to keep me feeling that way. For my birthday this year he bought me "Rock Band" for our Wii. (you may think that is funny but for my last anniversary I got the new Mario Galaxy game from Dave). My sister Julie and her family were here for the weekend so Julie, Seth and myself started a band and played for hours. Seth was on drums (he is very good), Julie was the lead singer, and I was on guitar. Now if that does not keep you young!

2 comments:

Perry Family said...

AHHHH!! Mark and I are blogging at the same time on different computers, I clicked on your blog and I had to chide him for not remembering it was your b-day...so sorry! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! Sounds like a SUPER fun weekend with Julie...that band sounds fun, I can only imagine Seth banging on the drums:) I agree with you, I keep thinking I'll get things figured out, but life is always changing!! You sure seem like you have things figured out...I'm still so impressed you've got a 3 month food storage, of like actual food you'd eat, not the dry wheat that you need a grinder to even make anything out of it!!

LaRae said...

Happy belated b'day my friend! Hey - who's that skinny chick sitting on the couch with the guitar?!!!