Saturday, July 26, 2008

Death of a Volvo

So I guess Volvo's don't last FOREVER... I think mine has finally died. With almost 170,000 miles on it I really can't blame it. I have NEVER had a car with that many miles on it in my life. In fact, not even close. I think the highest mileage we have ever hit on a car we have had is about 75,000. It was however nice not having car payments. It's poor life ended on Thursday. Haley drove it up to Rigby to work (luckily it was fine the whole way there) and after she had been working for awhile, Dave got in the car to start it to move it somewhere else, and the computer said that basically EVERYTHING was wrong with it - Engine System Service Required, Transmission System Service Required, Brake System Failure, etc. Dave thinks the computer went bad (and we all know how much those are). So we went out on Thursday night and got a brand new car.

I wasn't all that excited at first cause it has been over 2 years since we have had any car payments and that has been really nice, but after driving in it for the past 2 days, I am loving it more everyday. The new car smell is the best. I wish I could make it stay like that forever!


It is a 2009 Toyota Camry SE - Charcoal paint and a black leather interior. We have never owned a Japanese car before so that is something really new to us. Hopefully what everyone says about reliability will hold true and it will last us forever.

It is the sport model, with traction control, sunroof, spoiler, JBL sound system, V6 engine, Blue tooth (which I tried out today and it was really cool), and it even has a direct IPOD input so we don't have to use the little converter thing which never tunes in quite right. The things I will miss that I have had on my last few cars that this does not have - heated seats, one touch up windows (it has one touch down but not up too) and dual zone climate control. Oh well I will be happy to trade it all for a warranty and better gas mileage!

2 comments:

Perry Family said...

I owned a Nissan Maxima when I married Mark, and I got teased by everyone!! But, I really did LOVE my japanese car...and looks like you do too...they really are so reliable. It was the best little car, I would buy one all over again! I'm jealous of your new gas friendly vehicle!

LaRae said...

The Volvo died? Enjoy that new car smell because you know it won't last forever. Did you know my mom drives a Volvo? I seriously doubt it will ever get to 170,000 miles because it would take her 40 years just to get to that much milage!