Sunday, November 9, 2008

Ward Split

Sooooo.... It was NOT as traumatic as I thought it would be. They took about 150 members from our ward and combined them with 200 members from an adjacent ward, and created a new ward. Our entire Bishopric stayed in tact. We lost a few teachers from primary and a leader or two from RS and YW, but that was about it. I did loose my visiting teaching companion, but all of the ladies we visited are still in our ward. All 8 of the kids in my primary class are still in our ward. And NO, I have not gotten a new calling yet! They filled the position of Primary second counselor that was left vacant last week, but that was the only announcement they made. I am assuming now that the ward was officially split we will have a bunch of new callings next week. We do get to go to a new building - which is great because it is within walking distance of our house (not so great in the winter - but wonderful in the summer). Well I guess I will keep everyone posted on any new news!

1 comment:

Perry Family said...

so wonderful...i don't like change too much, esp if friends get taken out of the ward! the best part is going to a new building that is walking distance...it takes us 20 minutes to get to church driving!