Monday, November 3, 2008

Rumor Has It....

That our Ward is being split this weekend. Dave and I got called into the Bishop's office this weekend. I was thinking we were finally being released from our calling (I have been in Primary as a teacher for almost 5 years and am looking forward to a change - Dave joined me about 2 years ago after serving as Elders Quorum Secretary for 2 years). I LOVE my current CTR 6 class - I have had them since they were Sunbeams, just moved up with them each year, but I was looking forward to a change. Anyways, as we sat and talked with the Second Counselor (he is over Primary), I realized we were NOT getting released. In fact, he asked us if we had any musical talents - to which I quickly replied "NO!". Anyways he said he was doing some fact finding and was not making any changes at the moment. All of this happened just prior to Sacrament Meeting.

Haley was really sick on Sunday so after the interview we headed back home and then just went to the last half of church. What a day to miss Sacrament Meeting! The entire Primary Presidency was released. They called a partial new presidency but they did not fill the position of Primary Second Counselor, Choirister, or Piano player (hense the earlier questions from the Second counselor I assume) and they announced that we all need to be at the Stake Center at 9am next Sunday to hear the announcement of the new ward boundaries. Apparently they are taking 2 wards and making them into 3 wards. UGH! So I guess maybe sometime this week I will get a new calling! I would really like to be in Young Women's so I could be with my girls, but anything with the exception of Primary Teacher or Nursery Leader would really be fine! Guess we will have to wait a week to find out!

3 comments:

Perry Family said...

I think its great they actually asked if you had any music talents!! They didn't even ask me if I knew how to lead a choir (I still don't know how...but learning)before they asked me to be the ward choir director!! I hope you get called into the Y.W. You would be an awesome leader!!!

Michele and Todd said...

Stehanie, you had better watch out with callings. You never know when you will be called to something a little more scary. I was always petrified of being called to RS Pres. and I got that calling the end of June. I really don't like being in charge, but I have learned a lot. By the way, the magazine is out. Leave your physical address on my blog in a comment and I will send you a copy. We will miss seeing you next week in Fairview. Good luck in the "calling" dept.

whirlygig said...

When is pizza night? I would think Haley would supply pizza one night per week. Bruce used to bring pizza's home once in a while when he was working at a pizza place.