Monday, November 17, 2008

New Calling!

So I was called into the First Counselors office on Sunday morning before church. We all know what that means. I was called to be the Laurel Advisor in Young Womens. I was very excited since, as I was getting ready to go in, I had convinced myself that they were going to call me to be the primary chorister - a calling I have no talent for, nor any desire to learn. When he said Young Womens, I was thrilled! I held it together and didn't even cry until Sacrament Meeting, when I saw the faces of some of the kids in my class. Ugh - I never thought about the fact that I would have to say goodbye to them. My joy turned into pure sadness and I cried pretty much the rest of church - all through Sacrament Meeting and most of the way through Primary Opening Exercises and Singing Time. I finally pulled it together enough to teach my last lesson. I am going to miss those kids so much! On the up side, Haley will be a Laurel in February, and many of her friends are already Laurels, so I am really looking forward to having the new challenge! I guess I will take the sad with the happy....

2 comments:

Perry Family said...

AAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!! It's hard to move on, but I know how welcome the change can be!! You are so sweet to be so emotional over it. I am the same way!! And Lucky Haley, that will be some sweet times with the Y.W.'s w/ you in there!!

LaRae said...

Sounds great! I love YW and miss them so much! Even though you were ready for a change, it's hard when the change actually comes & you have to say goodbye to those you've grown to love. I just hate that!